Squashed Blossoms Stuffed with Ricotta Cheese and Basil
- 2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12-16 large zucchini flower
- 6 tablespoons of ACADO Avocado oil
- Mix together the Ricotta 1 Cup of freshly grated Pamesan cheese, a spoonful of thyme, fresh, ¼ cup chopped fresh thyme, 1 teaspoon of nut Nutmeg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Carefully open each flower and by using your pointer finger remove the pollen stem that is inside (the pollen stem is quite bitter and if not removed, it will leave an unpleasant taste.
- Fill a piping or a plastic bag with the ricotta mixture and pipe the filling inside the flower cup until it is 2/3 full. Slightly press to flatten each flower, making sure the filling is not coming out.
- Heat an empty 10-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat. Meanwhile, pour the batter into a large shallow plate. Coat both sides of 1/3 of the blossoms by dipping them into the batter. Add 2 tablespoons of ACADO Avocado oil into the hot skillet and carefully add the zucchini flowers. Fry each side until golden, about 2-3 minutes total. Repeat the process 2 more times with the remaining oil and 2/3 of flowers.