Seared Shrimp Cocktail with Tropical Chipotle-Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 9 tablespoons chopped peeled ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 30 large unpeeled shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ACADO™oil
- 6 lime wedges (optional)
- 1 - Combine first 8 ingredients (through sugar) in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill.
- 2 - Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Combine shrimp, sherry, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat shrimp. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 3 - Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4 - Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade. Add shrimp to pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5 - Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Spoon 1/3 cup salsa into each of 6 martini glasses; place 5 shrimp on rim of each glass.
- 6 - Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, if desired.