- 1/4 cup ACADO Avocado oil, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups small diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups medium diced eggplant, skin on
- 1 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup diced pumpkin squash
- 1 1/2 cups sliced or cubed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Ratatouille is a traditional French dish of French and goes well with fish, chicken and gastronomy red meat.
- Set a large 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat and add the ACADO Avocado oil.
- Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook the onions until translucent for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the eggplant to the pan and continue to cook, stir occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add the yellow and red peppers, pumpkins, and squash and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, and salt and pepper, for taste, and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Stir well to blend and serve either hot or at room temperature.