Pappardelle Pasta with Cherry Tomato
- 1 ½ kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1 garlic clove, lightly smashed
- 2 tablespoons ACADO Garlic infused oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with the juices
- 1 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 kg fresh pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot up to a boil.
- Season with a substantial amount of salt and add pasta. Stir.
- Cook until al dente, about 4 to 5 minutes for fresh pasta and 8 to 10 for dry.
- Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water, and gently toss pasta with. Set aside.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, thyme, garlic and ACADO Garlic infused oil onto a baking sheet and toss together.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft and lightly heated.
- Pour half of the cherry tomatoes into a small bowl and keep separately.
- Pour the remaining cherry tomatoes into a blender with the canned tomatoes, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and stir in the red wine.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sauce, pasta and pasta water together and finish with remaining roasted tomatoes and chopped basil. Serve warm.