Japanese noodles with tofu, shitake & ginger-miso dressing
- 250g soba noodles
- 2 Tbsp ACADO avocado oil for sauteing
- 200g firm tofu
- 100g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced (reserving some for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds plus extra for garnish, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp ACADO garlic-infused avocado oil
- 2 tsp young ginger, finely grated
- 4 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook until al dente according to package instructions.
- 2. Drain in a colander, rinse quickly in cold water to remove starch, drain again and transfer noodles to a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Chop tofu into 1” cubes and pan fry till golden brown, seasoning with salt.
- 4. Saute shitake mushrooms till soft.
- 5. Add tofu, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, sesame seeds and dressing to noodles; toss to combine.
- 6. To make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until emulsified; set aside.
- 7. Taste and adjust seasoning, you may need to add a pinch of salt/sugar to balance it out.
- 8. Serve warm garnished with sesame seeds.