Gnocchi Italian pasta
- 3 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 potatoes
- 1 egg
- ACADO™ oil
- Grated Cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1 - Place potatoes in a pot and completely cover with cold salted water, stopping when the water is 1 inch above the potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender (or when a knife enters easily), about 50 minutes.
- 2 - Let it cool until they can be handled. Peel and put them through a ricer or food mill.
- 3 - Combine hot peeled potatoes with flour, egg and salt. Turn dough out onto a floured cutting board and cut into 3 portions.
- 4 - Gently roll each portion into a long log about 3/4 inch thick. Cut each log into 3/4-inch pieces with a floured knife.
- 5 - Press a piece of dough against tines of a floured fork, and push with a floured thumb in a forward motion toward end of tines, letting gnocchi fall from fork onto a floured kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- 6 - The gnocchi should be cooked in salted water, well drained, then dressed with a generous helping of ACADO™ oil and Parmesan cheese.
- 7 - Add (to taste) tomato sauce or even better still, fresh cherry tomatoes browned in butter.