Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 255 uncooked pasta (use gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 to 2 small cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ACADO™ Oil
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 to 2 mL) fine-grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for serving
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- 2. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
- 3. Add the lemon juice, ACADO™ Oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
- 5. Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.