Avocado baked with an egg and chorizo
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 chorizo sausage, roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 2 slices of bread, preferably multiseed
- 2 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 - Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop a little more of the flesh
- 2 - out, so you can fit more egg into it.
- 3 - Break the first egg into a bowl. Using a spoon, place yolk in one half of the avocado, then carefully start to add white (you may not manage to add all the white). Season with salt and pepper, then repeat with the other egg and the other half of the avocado.
- 4 - Place the avocado halves in a small baking dish that accommodates them snugly, so they won't tilt and the egg will not spill out – scrunched-up foil in the base of the dish helps to hold them at the same level. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the white is opaque and the yolk is done to your liking.
- 5 - Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the chorizo sausage pieces until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Fry the slices of bread in the same pan, adding a little more oil if you need it.
- 6 - Serve the avocado on a plate with the sausage, seasoned with salt and pepper and a scattering of herbs, with toast on the side.