Broccoli and Cheddar-Stuffed Potato Skins with Avocado Cream
- 8 small Idaho potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds total), scrubbed and dried
- 4 teaspoons ACADO™ oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces broccoli florets, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 3 pieces Canadian bacon, finely diced (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar (about 3 ounces)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, greens reserved
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2 - Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and wrap in paper towels. Microwave on high for 13 to 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- 3 - Remove from microwave and cool until potatoes are easy to handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 4 - Using a spoon, scoop all but 1/8 inch of the inside of the potato, leaving skin intact. Reserve scooped potato flesh for another use.
- 5 - Brush both inside and outside of potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 6 - Place potatoes, skin-side down, on a baking sheet and bake until skins are crisp and edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 7 - In the meantime, prepare the filling. Steam the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until crisp stirring often, about 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
- 8 - To make avocado cream, combine scallion whites, avocado, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt in the small bowl of a food processor and process on high until smooth. About 30 seconds.
- 9 - Toss the broccoli with cheese and spoon filling evenly among potatoes. Lower oven to 400 degrees F and return potatoes to oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- 10 - Spoon 1 tablespoon of the avocado cream on top of broccoli-filled potatoes, then top with scallion greens and 1 teaspoon crisped bacon bits.